Is Mercyview gathering on Sundays?
- As of October 18th, Mercyview has moved to an indoor venue for gathered worship. Join us at 5p each Sunday at Memorial Baptist Church, 2800 S Yale Ave., Tulsa, OK.
- Check out the Mercyview Video Tour @ Memorial as Pastor Brad walks you through what you can expect in this space as you join us each Sunday @ Memorial beginning this week.
- Protocols are as follows: a) For those 18 years old and up, please wear masks for the duration of the gathering, b) please social distance - in the worship space, Memorial’s auditorium is roped-off accordingly so you can distance there, c) a nursing room and diaper changing station is available for parents.
- We currently are unable to provide a class option for children at this time during the worship gathering. As we continue to evaluate the impact of COVID on our faith community, we will continue to prayerfully consider how to relaunch MVKids at a time where more volunteers are available to serve.
- We will continue to serve those who are not ready or able to gather with us physically by providing the livestream of our worship gathering at 5p on our website and Facebook Live.
How will this affect other events at Mercyview?
Please refer to our communication outlets for updates on events and meetings. If you have a question about a specific gathering, please contact us at email@example.com.
How is Mercyview caring for their partners and regular attenders during this time?
We have created the Mercyview Care Team (MCT), a group of leaders made up of elders, deacons, and members of the Women’s Advisory Council, to connect personally with every partner and regular attender on an ongoing basis. This team will ensure that every person we are meaningfully connected to within Mercyview is regularly loved, served, and prayed for in the spirit of Galatians 6:9-10. We will attempt to assign, to the best of our ability, people to those leaders where there is a natural connection. This personal connection will preferably be in the form of a video/phone call but could, at times, be a text or an email.
How can I stay connected and engaged to community, worship, and prayer at Mercyview?
To help keep our community encouraged, connected, and worshiping during this time, we will to encourage you in these ways:
- Join us for a worship gathering at 5p every Sunday or on Facebook Live. Stay engaged weekly with your missional communities virtually or as they re-gather in person.
- Continue meeting with your D-groups virtually or in person. For more information on how to engage in a D-group, we have provided both an expanded primer and concise primer for you. If you are not in a D-group currently but would like to be, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join our churchwide WhatsApp group. If you would like to be invited to join the group, contact Pastor John at email@example.com for more information.
- Stay tuned to our response to COVID-19 at mercyview.com with FAQ's, church updates, support resources for those in need, and recommended resources.
- Also stay tuned to our other communication outlets at Facebook, Twitter, and Realm.
- Engage in our virtual prayer gatherings on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:30a on Zoom.
How do I continue to give to Mercyview while we are not gathering for services?
Even in these unprecedented times, your generosity enables Mercyview to fund and forward our mission – to be a gospel-centered family of missional disciples who make disciples for the glory of God and the city’s good. There are three ways to give:
- Online: Give securely online using any major debit or credit card. Your information is held securely by the Realm giving module. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties.
- By Check: Mail a check out to: Mercyview, 1611 S. Utica Ave. #216, Tulsa, OK 74104
- Automatic Bill Pay: Give automatically through your own bank via online bill pay using the address information above. If you have additional questions, we recommend you contact your bank directly.
How can I receive spiritual or practical assistance?
Whether you are a part of Mercyview or a part of the wider community of Tulsa, we would consider it an honor to serve you in either of these ways. First, if you are a partner or regular attender at Mercyview and connected to a missional community, we want to encourage you to reach out to your MC and/or MC leader to share any spiritual or practical needs that you may have. There is also an Emergency Help Form here that is available for our partner’s to request assistance. Second, if you are not a Mercyview partner or regular attender but have need of assistance, you can access our Coronavirus Help Form by clicking here. We will contact you regarding your need, your request will be reviewed, and then we will connect with you on if/how we can help with your need. Third, if Mercyview can pray for or counsel you in any way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our leaders will promptly be in touch with you to see how we can best serve you.
How can I serve those who are in need during this crisis?
We want to highlight two particular ways you can be on mission to those around you. First, we want to encourage you to think about the context of your neighborhood or your street as the primary sphere of mission during this time. You can reach out to your neighbors in a variety of ways, while still honoring social distancing measures. Mercyview is using this postcard as a creative way to connect with our neighbors but there are many other ways to serve your neighbors with intentionality, including Nextdoor, prayer walking, chalk drawings, etc. Second, we are currently exploring kingdom partnerships with other churches in the city. More information is forthcoming on these endeavors.
What else can I do?
The most important thing we can do is pray. We have found these two articles as helpful guides for the kinds of things we should pray for during this unprecedented time:
- 20 Prayers to Pray During This Pandemic - Jen Pollock Michel
- 20 More Prayers to Pray as We Approach the Pandemic's Peak - Jen Pollock Michel
If you have any other questions, please contact us at email@example.com.