Is Mercyview gathering on Sundays?
As we consider the recommendations from the White House, the CDC, Oklahoma state and Tulsa city officials, we have made the decision to re-gather in the following manner.
For the month of July we will re-gather in person Sunday evenings at 6p on the TMBN grounds, 4502 E 29th St S.
We are asking that you wear a mask and practice social distancing as you enter and leave our gathering space and as you have conversations in smaller groups of people.
When you are settled and seated in a socially distanced setting you may remove your mask. We will have a station set-up with hand-sanitizer and masks available if needed.
Thank-you for loving others through these actions.
To serve those who might not be ready to gather or are following us online, we will provide a simplified service each Sunday morning at our usual time of 10:00a on Facebook Live.
You may reach out to us by emailing email@example.com.
How will this affect other events at Mercyview?
Please refer to our communication outlets for updates on events and meetings. We will continue monitoring the situation and will communicate any updates on our communication outlets. If you have a question about a specific gathering, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How is Mercyview caring for their partners and regular attenders during this time?
We have created the Mercyview Care Team (MCT), a group of leaders made up of elders, deacons, and members of the Women’s Advisory Council, to connect personally with every partner and regular attender on an ongoing basis. This team will ensure that every person we are meaningfully connected to within Mercyview is regularly loved, served, and prayed for in the spirit of Galatians 6:9-10. We will attempt to assign, to the best of our ability, people to those leaders where there is a natural connection. This personal connection will preferably be in the form of a video/phone call but could, at times, be a text or an email.
How can I stay connected and engaged to community, worship, and prayer at Mercyview?
To help keep our community encouraged, connected, and worshiping during this time, we will to encourage you in these ways:
- Join us for a worship gathering at 10a every Sunday morning on Facebook Live or at our outdoor venue as mentioned above. Stay engaged weekly with your missional communities virtually or as they re-gather in person.
- Continue meeting with your D-groups virtually or in person. For more information on how to engage in a D-group, we have provided both an expanded primer and concise primer for you. If you are not in a D-group currently but would like to be, reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Join our churchwide WhatsApp group. If you would like to be invited to join the group, contact Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Stay tuned to our response to COVID-19 at mercyview.com with FAQ's, church updates, support resources for those in need, and recommended resources to redeem your quarantine.
- Also stay tuned to our other communication outlets at Facebook, Twitter, and Realm.
- Engage in our virtual prayer gatherings on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:30a and 12:00p on Zoom.
How do I continue to give to Mercyview while we are not gathering for services?
Even in these unprecedented times, your generosity enables Mercyview to fund and forward our mission – to be a gospel-centered family of missional disciples who make disciples for the glory of God and the city’s good. There are three ways to give:
- Online: Give securely online using any major debit or credit card. Your information is held securely by the Realm giving module. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties.
- By Check: Mail a check out to: Mercyview, 1611 S. Utica Ave. #216, Tulsa, OK 74104
- Automatic Bill Pay: Give automatically through your own bank via online bill pay using the address information above. If you have additional questions, we recommend you contact your bank directly.
How can I receive spiritual or practical assistance?
Whether you are a part of Mercyview or a part of the wider community of Tulsa, we would consider it an honor to serve you in either of these ways. First, if you are a partner or regular attender at Mercyview and connected to a missional community, we want to encourage you to reach out to your MC and/or MC leader to share any spiritual or practical needs that you may have. There is also an Emergency Help Form here that is available for our partner’s to request assistance. Second, if you are not a Mercyview partner or regular attender but have need of assistance, you can access our Coronavirus Help Form by clicking here. We will contact you regarding your need, your request will be reviewed, and then we will connect with you on if/how we can help with your need. Third, if Mercyview can pray for or counsel you in any way, please email us at email@example.com and one of our leaders will promptly be in touch with you to see how we can best serve you.
How can I serve those who are in need during this crisis?
We want to highlight two particular ways you can be on mission to those around you. First, we want to encourage you to think about the context of your neighborhood or your street as the primary sphere of mission during this time. You can reach out to your neighbors in a variety of ways, while still honoring social distancing measures. Mercyview is using this postcard as a creative way to connect with our neighbors but there are many other ways to serve your neighbors with intentionality, including Nextdoor, prayer walking, chalk drawings, etc. Second, we are currently exploring kingdom partnerships with other churches in the city. More information is forthcoming on these endeavors.
What else can I do?
The most important thing we can do is pray. We have found these two articles as helpful guides for the kinds of things we should pray for during this unprecedented time:
- 20 Prayers to Pray During This Pandemic - Jen Pollock Michel
- 20 More Prayers to Pray as We Approach the Pandemic's Peak - Jen Pollock Michel
If you have any other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.