Will Mercyview gather on Sunday?
As we consider the recommendations from the White House, the CDC, Oklahoma state and Tulsa city officials, we are suspending all Mercyview-related gatherings, including our worship gathering and our missional communities, until further notice. Please know that we do not suspend our gatherings lightly. We believe that God moves in power when his people sing, pray, celebrate the Lord’s Supper, and hear the Word preached. However, we believe that suspending gatherings is the best way we can love our neighbor - both those in and outside of our church - in reducing the impact of the virus on our community.
How will this affect other events at Mercyview?
Please refer to our communication outlets for which events and meetings have been postponed, canceled, or are being pursued virtually. We will continue monitoring the situation and will communicate any updates on our communication outlets. If you have a question about a specific gathering, please contact us at email@example.com.
How is Mercyview caring for their partners and regular attenders during this time?
We have created the Mercyview Care Team (MCT), a group of leaders made up of elders, deacons, and members of the Women’s Advisory Council, to connect personally with every partner and regular attender on a weekly basis beginning the week of Monday, April 6. This team will ensure that every person we are meaningfully connected to within Mercyview is regularly loved, served, and prayed for in the spirit of Galatians 6:9-10. We will attempt to assign, to the best of our ability, people to those leaders where there is a natural connection. This personal connection will preferably be in the form of a video/phone call but could, at times, be a text or an email.
How can I stay connected and engaged to community, worship, and prayer at Mercyview?
To help keep our community encouraged, connected, and worshiping during this time, we will to encourage you in these ways:
- Join us for a worship gathering streamed at 10a every Sunday morning on Facebook Live or at mercyvew.com/live. Invite your friends to join us virtually via the Facebook event invite! We will have a time of singing, praying, confessing, and preaching to serve you or your family or a small group in worshiping our good and sovereign King. You can find a special printout to use during the message for your elementary age children here and your middle school children here.
- Stay engaged weekly with your missional communities virtually. For our MC leaders, we can provide a Zoom “room” for you to host your MC. Contact Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Continue meeting with your D-groups virtually. For more information on how to engage in a D-group, we have provided both an expanded primer and concise primer for you. If you are not in a D-group currently but would like to be, reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Join our churchwide WhatsApp group. If you would like to be invited to join the group, contact Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Stay tuned to our response to COVID-19 at mercyview.com with FAQ's, church updates, support resources for those in need, and recommended resources to redeem your quarantine.
- Also stay tuned to our other communication outlets at Facebook, Twitter, and Realm.
- Engage in our virtual prayer gatherings on Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 6:30a and 12:00p on Zoom.
- Engage in prayer with our weekly prayer guide posted every Tuesday morning on our communication outlets to assist you in personal prayer or prayer points for your D-group and/or family. If you would like it in PDF form, contact us at email@example.com.
- Watch/listen to Mercyview's new podcast Cultivate every Wednesday where we will be talking with leaders and partners from Mercyview about issues that will help us all cultivate the gospel in our lives.
How do I continue to give to Mercyview while we are not gathering for services
Even in these unprecedented times, your generosity enables Mercyview to fund and forward our mission – to be a gospel-centered family of missional disciples who make disciples for the glory of God and the city’s good. There are three ways to give:
- Online: Give securely online using any major debit or credit card. Your information is held securely by the Realm giving module. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties.
- By Check: Mail a check out to: Mercyview, 1611 S. Utica Ave. #216, Tulsa, OK 74104
- Automatic Bill Pay: Give automatically through your own bank via online bill pay using the address information above. If you have additional questions, we recommend you contact your bank directly.
If you have any other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.